Information for Swimmers & Parents of Regional Age Group

Please check at least every other day for updates.

Kevin Schofield (Kevin.Schofield@leeds.gov.uk)

Oli Nevitt (Oliver.Nevitt@leeds.gov.uk)

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Goodbye! - My Final Post!


Goodbye Everyone!

Now you all know that I am leaving, I thought I would say goodbye! 
Believe it or not, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time Coaching some of the most talented swimmers in the country, watching you all develop to the standard that you are today, on a national level. 
Sorry for having to play the bad cop, but sometimes its necessary keeping you lot under control! 
The reason I am leaving is nothing to do with the squad, a series of events made me change my mind about my career towards the end of last year and  I have now started a new job and the timetables just clash far too much for me to be justified as a coach on the squad.
I will still be around, so please say hello! For the foreseeable future I will be still Coaching Development East. 
Also I would like to point out how fantastic the squad is under Kevin's leadership. The squad would not be where it is today without him, he taught me everything I know! (Maybe that’s where I have gone wrong? haha).
To the parents, every single one of your children are an absolute credit to you, I have worked with hundreds of children, both at Swimming and elsewhere over the last year, and they are far the most polite, fun bunch of children I have met, and you lot aren’t bad yourself!
Please remember, keep working hard, keep achieving what you have already achieved, go onto bigger and better things, I will be keeping a close eye on you all!


All the best for the future, 

Ryan